Mossfiel Sports Facilities
Terence Carey Architects
SBE has been working on two sporting facilities at Mossfiel Drive Hoppers Crossing. Both facilities incorporate social club area with kitchen / kiosk, change room facilities, store rooms, and associated amenities.
As part of the services provided, SBE has completed sustainability assessments as part of the town planning application process and building simulations for compliance with NCC Section J.
Some of the ESD features included in the designs include:
- PV array has been located on the roof- 18 panels.
- Banked gas instantaneous domestic hot water units (more appropriate for intermittent use).
- Gas heating to Social area plus sweep fans.
- No Cooling.
- Internal lighting will be controlled by motion detectors and timers.
- External lighting will be controlled by PE Cells and timers
- Low energy LED lighting throughout (internally and externally)
- Daylight Access - The social area has been modelled for daylighting and achieved a DF of >2% for 62% of the floor space.