In partnership with key stakeholders, the City of Melton delivered a pavilion to compliment and provide supporting infrastructure and amenities for the Athletics Track & Field, and Hockey facilities.
As the ESD consultant, SBE worked with the project team to integrate a number of ESD initiatives, including:
- Light coloured roofing material to assist in comfort control in summer.
- High spec glazing and increased insulation levels (by placing the main layer of insulation well above ceiling level the architects aim to maintain an unbroken insulation barrier).
- Good controls on all active systems.
- Indoor LED lighting controlled by presence sensors and timeclock.
- External lighting controlled by timeclock and PE cells.