SBE provided full ESD and Green Star Consultancy services for the Western BACE development.
In particular SBE conducted the necessary modelling for Green Star and Section J compliance, assisted the design team with the integration of Green Star and compiled the Green Star Design and As-Built Submissions.
This project achieved a 6 star design rating and a 5 star as-built Green Star rating and achieved maximum greenhouse gas reduction targets (base building carbon neutral).
ESD features included:
- Local wall mounted controllers to signal when to open windows.
- Primary conditioning is ducted heat recovery ventilator air system provides tempered outside air to all spaces . This system is sufficient to meet the heating and cooling loads for a large proportion of operating hours.
- Secondary Variable refrigerant volume HVAC on demand.
- Hydronic in slab system provides background heating and radiant sky based cooling.
- A 60kW PV array was located on the roof of the building providing an energy yield calculated to exceed the annual electrical demand from the base building.
- Base Building Carbon Neutral (Zero Greenhouse Gas emissions).